Anyone involved in robot maintenance knows all too well that the most used and abused component in the systems is the Teach Pendant. They get dropped, hit, exposed to weld slag and other containments. The cables get cut, damaged, frayed and generally worn out.
Many repair facilities will replace defective components, clean the pendant a little, and maybe perform a bench test. At K+S, we don’t just repair your teach pendant, we completely refurbish it! During our refurbishment process, we perform the following:
- Replacement of front and rear cases
- Replacement of touch screen
- Replacement of LCD
- Replacement of the E-stop switch
- Replacement of the Dead man switch
- Replacement of hand straps
- Replacement of cables and connectors
- Replacement of the overlay
- Repair / replacement of the control board
After refurbishment, the teach pendant is system tested in an actual robot system to verify functionality. All K+S refurbished teach pendants include our 12 month “in service” warranty. Typical turnaround time for a standard priority is 3-7 days with emergency service available.
Click on the OEM listed below to see a list of model numbers we can repair: